Monday 2 January 2012

Subhanallah

Yesterday, on my father's wish, we all went to the Manora Beach located just a few miles away from Karachi.
When I say 'we' I say that regarding my whole family including my cousins, my aunt and my uncle.
This was another one of our picnics, unplanned and extremely fun. In Quetta, our favorite and only picnic spot was Askari Park. Each saturday we packed huge amounts of food in baskets and joyfully went to the park, singing our favorite songs like 'One Way Ticket' and planning on which rides to spend our money on.
But slowly, those weekly trips ended as Askari Park's policy of only allowing families through had been stopped. It began to look nothing more than a waste land. And we had grown, we weren't those children anymore who craved to try out all the rides in the park. in one day, atleast i was but my siblings weren't.
So we switched to Hanna Lake/Urak as our picnic spot to perform the rituals of eating biryani and hiking mountains and shouting loudly when we reach the top.
But this ceremonious exodus to the ragged mountains of Quetta ended when me and my family shifted to Karachi.
So this was the first time we had a picnic in Karachi. The sea was calm and peaceful in the afternoon but shook and raged as the sun went down. As we were making our way back to Port Qasim on our rented motor boat, I saw the towering, illuminated ships, a thousand glittering lights outlined the ships. I admired at the size of the ships and thought how man had come so far. The magnificent creations man had brought into reality.
But then I was riveted towards the sea. My eyes gleamed with awe. I couldn't believe how I didn't realize it's beauty before. It was unbelievable how a wast pool of water could make me feel this way. The sea glowed under the moonlight, it resembled mercury and looked as if it was alive and made me feel alive too.

It might seem that I'm exaggerating but I'm not. Infact I'm short of words right now.

It was then when I realized that man-made marvels can NEVER be compared with Allah's creations.


No comments:

Post a Comment